Thinking of selling or renting out your property in Kingston, Wimbledon, Surrey or anywhere in South West London? Let me guess – you have heard the usual scare stories about estate agents, maybe had a bad experience or two in the past. Above all, you want to make the most of your property, which after all is likely to be your most valuable asset. You expect a hassle-free experience, friendly, professional advice and all at the best possible price.
Well, you have come to the right place so please forget your preconceptions or estate agency stereotypes. Yes, other agents probably told you that they’re different too. Except we really are, because we designed Greenwoods Residential to be exceptionally different right from the moment we launched it in 2012, and we’ll prove it.
We are not going to give you a hard sell here (or anywhere, for that matter). Of course, we need a website, but the real proof of concept comes when you call in, when we listen to what you want to achieve from your property, when we do what we promise we’ll do, and when we get the best possible price for your property either by selling or renting it. So why not come and meet us, tell us about your aims or goals over a tea or coffee or just email or call us on 0208 239 0535.
When we have met, you won’t just be thinking of selling or renting out your property. We are confident, that you will be thinking of selling or renting out your property with Greenwoods Residential.
At Greenwoods Residential we have a wealth of experience; the team are well established and at the forefront of the local property sales market. Our continued success has been built on listening to your individual requirements, providing accurate and realistic valuations, being quick off the mark to circulate your property to all pre-registered applicants and get it online quickly but right first time, using innovative marketing techniques, arranging viewings at times to suit you, to expert negotiating skills and our first-class management of all aspects of the sales process, from initial offer right through to completion. We fully understand moving home can be daunting, so our aim is to guide you through it with the minimum of fuss but the maximum impact.
Selling Your Property
Our aim is to sell your property to achieve its maximum price, in the minimum time possible, to meet your requirements. With over 30 successful years of sales experience in the local area and with fully trained staff and professional protection, you really are in safe hands with Greenwoods.
- Quick off the mark. Your property will be immediately circulated by post, email and text message.
- Personal contact – we immediately telephone prospective purchasers who have pre-registered with us.
- FREE Professional photographs and Floor Plans
- Marketing the property on all main property web sites including Rightmove, Zoopla and Prime Location and other property portals and publications and in our shop window
- Arranging an Open House to launch the property onto the market.
- Accompanied viewings throughout at times suitable to you.
- Negotiating the best possible offer and terms for the sale and not just taking the first offer that is close to the asking price.
- Validating that the purchaser has appropriate funds in place.
- Proving an offer letter, subject to contract, listing both sides solicitors.
- Actively monitoring and progressing the sale to exchange of contracts and completion in a timely manner.
- Keeping all parties informed of progress throughout.
- Ensuring the SUCCESSFUL SALE of your property.
Online Only Service
Or….. if you really want to do all the above yourself including conducting your own viewings and price negotiations then why not ask about our Online Only Service at just £500 (payable at the time of booking this service).
Our Online Only Sales Service Fee includes the following:
- Free Professional photographs and description of the property for marketing purposes
- Marketing the property on all the main property web sites including Rightmove, Zoopla and Prime Location, and other publications.
- Emailing you property enquiries and leads and making viewings.
Also....If you start with our Online Only Service and later change your mind and want to move to our Full Sale Service then this £500 Fee will be refunded to you, once we successfully sell your property.
If you are a Landlord with a property to let, or a Tenant looking for a new home, we are here to help. Greenwoods Residential have the experience and a positive and proactive outlook which ensures our properties are let as swiftly as possible, to the right tenants and importantly at the right price. We have recently invested in a new property repair service called Fix Flow. This allows tenants to log defects online and whilst doing this it explains what the problem is likely to be and how they may be able to either resolve it or better report it so we then can send out the right contractor with the right parts straight away which will not only save you our landlord’s £100’s in call out charges but also providing a really good service to your tenants. We provide Landlords with the following choices of service:
GREENWOODS – Fees & Services offered to Landlords, on a Sole Agency No let, No fee basis:
Introduction or Tenant finder with Rent Collection Service 11% (9.1% + VAT) of monthly rent (PCM) paid monthly.
- Checking Energy Performance Certificate and Floor Plan
- Marketing the property on all the main property websites including Rightmove, Zoopla and Prime Location and in our shop front window
- Accompanying all viewings
- Tenancy Set up (Fee to Landlord £150) includes finding, referencing & vetting all suitable tenants and guarantors, our application forms can be easily completed online for speed and efficiency. Preparation of the Assured Short Hold Tenancy Agreement (AST) and electronic signing of the agreement by all parties.
- Confirming the full identities of all tenants and their Right to Rent in the UK.
- Advising the Landlord on all mandatory safety checks & tests and conducting these on your behalf (if required) including annual Gas Safety Checks, DCEIR/Electrical Fixed Wiring or Portable Appliances testing, Smoke Detectors and CO Monitors.
- Preparation of an Inventory and Check in - this is a photographic digital inventory which is DPS Compliant and conducted by an independent AAIC Clerk and the option of a check in service. (A quote will be provided to the Landlord)
- Collection of the initial rent & the deposit, and payment to landlord within 5 working days.
- Providing a monthly statement of account
- Deposit Registration - we use Deposit Protections Service (DPS) (Landlord Fee of £100 if you wish us to register the deposit and then process the deposit return on completion of the let).
- Renewing fixed term tenancy agreements if required (Landlord Fee £120).
- Conducting an independent check out at the end of the tenancy with the tenants (Landlord Fee £120)
Fully Managed Service 15% (12.5% + VAT) of monthly rent (PCM)
+ includes all the above for Introduction and Rent Collection and in addition:
- Deposit Registration Fee reduced to £50.
- Dealing with day-to-day maintenance issues on your behalf having agreed a monthly maximum maintenance budget with you in advance to reduce calls to you for small/routine items or safety checks.
- Property inspections after the first 3 months and then every 6 months and reporting back to the landlord on the condition of the property.
- Liaising with the Landlord & Tenant throughout the tenancy
- Serving any relevant notices to the tenants during the tenancy, Section 21 possession etc.
- Preparing the schedule of dilapidations at the end of the tenancy
- Negotiating any deductions from the deposit with the tenant as agreed with the landlord. On completion returning the deposit to the Tenants.
- Assisting with any refurbishment work on the property either during or in between tenancies. (We charge 10% of the final invoice as a fee for any works over £500).
- If there is a requirement to use the dispute services independent adjudication process or ADR, there will be an additional administration charge of £300 if you wish us to do the administration on your behalf.
- Informing Electricity, Gas, Water, and Council of change of occupants.
- Liaising with HMRC for non-resident landlords (Landlord Fee £25 per quarter)
Premier Managed Service 17% (14.1% + VAT) of monthly rent
+ includes all the above for Fully Managed Service,
- Rent & Full Legal protection insurance (up to £50,000 per annum) and payment of lost Rent from the very first month.
- Quarterly property inspections with follow up reports to the landlord on the condition of the property.
- Care taking service during void periods (every 7-14 days very important during the winter months)
- Free deposit dispute services adjudication - if required
- Tax year end income & expenditure statements.
As a company, Greenwoods have less than 0.01% bad debt on rent arrears, a statistic that we are keen to maintain.
Although we do have a large number of pre-registered applicants on our books, we would always recommend advertising any property ideally 6-8 weeks prior to the date you want new tenants to occupy it to reduce any potential void periods.
We will not be beaten on price by any other high street agent so just send us the fee quote you have received, and we will match it.
Landlord Safety Checks Prior to Renting out a property.
The following items are MANDATORY and must be completed prior to the tenant moving into the property. We would be delighted to arrange these for you, so please let us know if you wish us to:
- Energy Performance Certificate - MANDATORY, these last for 10 years, (£120 includes a 2D Floor Plan).
- Gas Safety Certificate - MANDATORY this is an annual test (cost: £90)
- DCIER Electrical Safety Test - MANDATORY from 1 June 2020 - 5 yearly Fixed Wiring Test - test of all switches, sockets, fuse boards etc (quote can be provided). (Approx. £250-£450)
- Portable Appliance Test – MANDATORY from 1 June 2020 - test any appliance with a plug attached to it for earth or fault: i.e. kettle, fridge, washing machine, portable lights etc (quote can be provided). (Approx. £80 for 10 items). Smoke Detectors - MANDATORY - are required on each floor of the property and a heat sensor should be fitted in the kitchen (ideally, one heat sensor in the kitchen, and smoke detector in ground floor hall and on each floor in halls. (quote can be provided for either battery operated or hard wired).
- Carbon Monoxide Monitor - MANDATORY where there is: any solid fuel fire (i.e. coal/wood burner) and we also recommend next to any gas appliance, boiler/cooker/gas fire (cost: £45 each monitor).
We also RECOMMEND the following safety tests which we can arrange on your behalf:
- Independent Digital Photographic AIIC Approved Inventory and Check-in Service HIGHLY RECOMMENDED which for a 3-bedroom unfurnished/furnished property is approx. £150.
- Professional clean of the property HIGHLY RECOMMENDED which for a 3-bedroom unfurnished/furnished property is approx. £250-£350
- Legionella (water inspection of tanks and pipe work) - RECOMMENDED costs approx. £80 to test.
Why not call us today and let us show you the difference between ordinary…..and extraordinary…..
Tenants Fees (post 1 June 2019)
Permitted Payments or Fees: In accordance with the Tenancy Fee Ban of 1 June 2019 - THERE ARE NO TENANCY FEES FOR ADMINISTRATION OR REFERENCING OR CHECK IN/INVENTORY OR CHECK OUT.
The Property Holding Deposit: the equivalent of one weeks rent.
The Security Deposit: the equivalent of 5 weeks if annual rent below £50,000 or 6 weeks’ rent if above this figure.
Default Fees: Late rent payment charges 3% above the Bank of England base rate if you are more than 14 days late in paying your rent. The cost of replacement keys plus £15.00 per hour for organising the replacement keys.
Early Termination: The cost of the re-let fee plus any additional reasonable costs incurred by the landlord; Plus £50.00 for administering the early termination.
Variation, Novation of Changes to the Tenancy: £50.00
Company Lets & Common Law Tenancies: £500.00
Redress Scheme:Greenwoods Residential are members of The Property Ombudsman (TPOS) Redress Scheme, for Residential Sales and Lettings and Commercial Sales and Lettings more information can be found on their web site at https://www.tpos.co.uk/
Client Money Protection: Greenwoods Residential are covered by ‘Propertymark Client Money Protection (CMP) Scheme’ which reimburses landlords, tenants and other clients should an agent misappropriate their rent, deposit or other client funds.
Companies Act 2006, Company Limited Liability Partnership and Business (Names and Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2015.
Greenwoods Residential Sales and Lettings are a trading name of Greenwood Residential Properties Limited, registered address 92a Coombe Lane West, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, KT2 7DB Company Registration Number 8093492.
VAT registration number 141 159045
With you right until the end...
Greenwoods Residential are a local agent that likes to keep it local. To help with other aspects of your move we recommend local firms and individuals, which have been proven to be worth their weight in gold when it comes to helping both our buyers and sellers.
Need a solicitor?
We work closely with a number of local Property Solicitors and are also a member of a Panel of approved Property Conveyancers and Solicitors, so we can offer you either a local company or someone slightly further out of the area but at a very reasonable rate. All are members of the law society so please ask for further information or a quote.
Need a Mortgage Advisor?
We can help you navigate the maze that is the mortgage market and find you the deal that is right for you. We use Kingston Mortgage Services and Chris the owner prides himself on knowing the ins and outs of all things ‘mortgage’ and ‘financial services’:
Chris Poore BEng CeMAP
Kingston Mortgage Services
020 8255 8336
Need an Architect/Surveyor/Planning Specialist or Energy Performance Certificate…?
Greenwoods Residential has extensive contacts across the area of all of these professions. So if your thinking of home improvements or extensions or new builds why not ask us to recommend local professionals that have done great work in the area who will offer advice and a quote for you to consider.
Need a Tradesmen or Builder?
All of our tradesmen are well trained and have public liability insurance, we have a good selection to cover both your budget or your high specifications and we would not recommend them if we had not been successfully using them for a number of years.
We aspire to be different, we genuinely care about every one of our clients and believe that a strong relationship built on honesty, trust and flexibility is fundamental to a successful sale.
Need a Gym? Why not Try the Nuffield
We have partnered up with the Nuffield Gym just off Richmond Road above Sainsbury’s and it is an awesome centre with something for every member of the family. There is a full sized gymnasium with the highest specification fitness equipment, including tread mills, bicycles, steppers, rowing machines plus real weights, and dozens of excellent body sculpture and strength classes oh and child care/play so your children can have fun and be looked after whilst you get your body and mind back. Did I mention the 40 mtr swimming pool with sauna, steam room jacuzzi and toddler pool!! Just mention our name and you will receive a free 7 day trial to try it for yourself.
Client Money Protection
Please use the Following link to access The Propertymark Conduct and Membership Rules
Money Laundering Regulations