Thinking of selling or renting out your property in Kingston, Wimbledon, Surrey or anywhere in South West London? Let me guess – you’ve heard the usual scare stories about estate agents, maybe had a bad experience or two in the past. Above all, you want to make the most of your property, which after all is likely to be your most valuable asset. You expect a hassle-free experience, friendly, professional advice and all at the best possible price.
Well you have come to the right place so please forget your preconceptions or estate agency stereotypes. Yes, other agents probably told you that they’re different too. Except we really are, because we designed Greenwoods Residential to be exceptionally different right from the moment we launched it in 2012, and we’ll prove it.
We’re not going to give you a hard sell here (or anywhere, for that matter). Of course, we need a website, but the real proof of concept comes when you call in, when we listen to what you want to achieve from your property, when we do what we promise we’ll do, and when we get the best possible price for your property either by selling or renting it. So why not come and meet us, tell us about your aims or goals over a tea or coffee or just email or call us on 0208 239 0535.
When we’ve met you won’t just be thinking of selling or renting out your property. We’re sure you’ll be thinking of selling or renting it with Greenwoods Residential.
At Greenwoods Residential we have a wealth of experience; the team are well established and at the forefront of the local property sales market. Our continued success has been built on listening to your individual requirements, providing accurate and realistic valuations, being quick off the mark to circulate your property to all pre-registered applicants and get it on line quickly but right first time, using innovative marketing techniques, arranging viewings at times to suit you, to expert negotiating skills and our first class management of all aspects of the sales process, from initial offer right through to completion. We fully understand moving home can be daunting so our aim is to guide you through it with the minimum of fuss but the maximum impact.
Selling Your Property
Our aim is to sell your property to achieve its maximum price, in the minimum time possible, in order to meet your requirements, with 7 successful years of sales experience in the local area and with fully trained staff and professional protection, you really are in safe hands with Greenwoods.
- Quick off the mark. Your property will be immediately circulated by post, email and text message
- Personal contact – we immediately telephone prospective purchasers who have pre-registered with us.
- FREE Energy Performance Certificate
- FREE Professional photographs and Floor Plans
- Marketing the property on all main property web sites including Rightmove, Zoopla and Prime Location other publications. and also in our shop window
- Arranging an Open House to launch the property onto the market
- Accompanied viewings throughout at times suitable to you
- Negotiating the best possible offer and terms for the sale and not just taking the first offer that is close to the asking price.
- Validating that the purchaser has appropriate funds in place
- Proving an offer letter, subject to contract, listing both sides solicitors
- Actively monitoring and progressing the sale to exchange of contracts and completion in a timely manner
- Keeping all parties informed of progress throughout.
- Ensuring the SUCCESSFUL SALE of your property.
Online Only Service
Or….. if you really want to do all of the above yourself including conducting your own viewings and price negotiations then why not ask about our Online Only Service at just £495 + VAT, (payable at the time of booking this service).
Our Online Only Sales Service Fee includes the following:
- Free Professional photographs and description of the property for marketing purposes
- Marketing the property on all of the main property web sites including Rightmove, Zoopla and Prime Location, and other publications.
- Emailing you property enquiries and leads and making viewings.
Also....If you start with our Online Only Service and later change your mind and want to move to our Full Sale Service then this £495 Fee will be refunded to you, once we successfully sell your property.
If you are a Landlord with a property to let, or a Tenant looking for a new home, we are here to help. Greenwoods Residential have the experience and a positive and proactive outlook which ensures our properties are let as swiftly as possible, to the right tenants and importantly at the right price. We have recently invested in a new property repair service called Fix Flow. This allows tenants to log defects online and whilst doing this it explains what the problem is likely to be and how they may be able to either resolve it or better report it so we then can send out the right contractor with the right parts straight away which will not only save you our lanldord’s £100’s in call out charges but also providing a really good service to your tenants. We provide Landlords with the following choices of service:
GREENWOODS - Services offered to Landlords, on a No let No fee basis:
- Introductory & Tenant finder with Rent Collection Service 8% PCM
- Arranging an Energy Performance Certificate and Floor Plan (if required charge £90)
- Marketing the property on all the main property websites including Rightmove, Zoopla and Prime Location and in our shop front window
- Accompanying all viewings
- Finding and vetting all suitable tenants and guarantors, our application forms can be easily completed on line for speed and efficiency.
- Confirming the full identities of all tenants and their Right to Rent in the UK.
- Advising landlord on all mandatory safety checks & tests – and conducting these on your behalf (if required) including annual Gas Safety Checks, Electrical Fixed Wiring or Portable Appliances testing, Smoke Detectors and CO Monitors.
- Preparation of an Inventory and Check in - this is a photographic digital inventory which is DPS Compliant and conducted by an independent AAIC Clerk and the option of a check in service. (A quote will be provided – as the Landlord is responsible for this)
- Preparation of the Assured Short Hold Tenancy Agreement (AST) and electronic signing of the agreement by all parties.
- Collection of the initial rent & the deposit, and payment to landlord within 5 working days.
- Providing a monthly statement of account
- Deposit Registration - we use Deposit Protections Service (DPS) (there is a fee if you wish us to register the deposit and then process the deposit return on completion of the let).
Fully Managed Service 10% PCM
+ includes all of the above for Introduction and Rent Collection and in addition:
- Dealing with day to day maintenance issues on your behalf having agreed a monthly maximum maintenance budget with you in advance in order to reduce calls to you for small/routine items or safety checks.
- Visiting the property periodically (after 3 months and then every 6 months) and reporting on the condition of the property.
- Serving any relevant notices to the tenants during the tenancy, Section 21 possession etc.
- Assisting with any refurbishment work on the property either during or in between tenancies. (We charge 10% of the final invoice as a fee for any works over £750).
- Liaising with the Landlord & Tenant throughout the tenancy
- Renewing fixed term tenancy agreements if required
- Conducting an independent check out at the end of the tenancy with the tenants (tenant pays for this)
- Preparing the schedule of dilapidations at the end of the tenancy
- Negotiating any deductions from the deposit with the tenant as agreed with the landlord. On completion returning the deposit to the Tenants. (If there is a requirement to use the dispute services independent adjudication process, there will be an additional administration charge of £295 if you wish us to do this on your behalf)
- Informing Electricity, Gas, Water, and Council of change of occupants
- Liaising with HMRC for non-resident landlords (small additional charge for this)
Premier Managed Service:
+ includes all of the above for Fully Managed, plus for an additional 2% therefore 12% PCM
- Rent & Full Legal protection insurance (up to £50,000 per annum) and payment of lost Rent from the very first month.
- Quarterly property visits and reports to you
- Care taking service during void periods (every 7-14 days very important during the winter months)
- Free deposit dispute services adjudication if required
- Tax year end income & expenditure statement.
As a company, Greenwoods have less than 0.01% bad debt on rent arrears, a statistic that we are keen to maintain.
Although we do have a large number of pre-registered applicants on our books, we would always recommend advertising any property ideally 6-8 weeks prior to the date you want new tenants to occupy it to reduce any potential void periods.
VAT will be added to all of our fees.
We will not be beaten on price by any other high street agent so just send us the fee quote you have received and we will match it.
Landlord Safety Checks Prior to Renting out a property
The following items are MANDATORY and must be completed prior to the tenant moving into the property. We would be delighted to arrange these for you, so please let us know if you wish us to:
- Energy Performance Certificate - MANDATORY, these last for 10 years, (£90 + Vat including a Floor Plan which we would recommend if you don’t already have one.
- Gas Safety Certificate - MANDATORY this is an annual test (cost: £70 + VAT)
- Smoke Detectors - MANDATORY - are required on each floor of the property and a heat sensor should be fitted in the kitchen (ideally, one heat sensor in the kitchen, and smoke detector in ground floor hall and on each floor in halls. (quote can be provided for either battery operated or hard wired).
- Carbon Monoxide Monitor - MANDATORY where there is: any solid fuel fire (i.e. coal/wood burner) and we also recommend next to any gas appliance, boiler/cooker/gas fire (cost: £30 each monitor).
We also RECOMMEND the following safety tests which we can arrange on your behalf:
- 5 yearly Fixed Wiring Test - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - test of all switches, sockets, fuse board etc (quote can be provided). (Approx. £250-£350)
- Portable Appliance Test - RECOMMENDED - test any appliance with a plug attached to it: fridge, washing machine, portable lights etc (quote can be provided). (Approx. £70 for 10 items)
- Independent Digital Photographic AIIC Approved Inventory and Check-in Service HIGHLY RECOMMENDED which for a 3-bedroom unfurnished/furnished property is approx. £140.
- Professional pre-tenancy clean of the property HIGHLY RECOMMENDED which for a 3-bedroom unfurnished/furnished property is approx. £250-£325
- Legionella (water inspection of tanks and pipe work) - RECOMMENDED costs approx. £80 to test.
Why not call us today and let us show you
Tenants Fees (up to 1 June 2019)
- Non-refundable holding fee of £400 which will be offset against the first month’s rent on moving into the property
- Administration fee of £360, which includes all letters and AST contract per couple/family, plus £120 for any additional tenants (if not direct family member over age of 18).
- Referencing Fee of £60 per tenant (over 18 years of age) or £84 per Guarantor.
- Tenancy Deposit of 5 Weeks Rent, which will be registered with DPS.
- Check in and Inventory fee (dependant on size of property) at the start of the tenancy.
- Late rent payment fee of £42 if over 7 days late.
- Other charges or fees may be payable and are available on request at time of viewing from the Agent or by email on request.
With you right until the end...
Greenwoods Residential are a local agent that likes to keep it local. To help with other aspects of your move we recommend local firms and individuals, which have been proven to be worth their weight in gold when it comes to helping both our buyers and sellers.
Need a solicitor?
We work closely with a number of local Property Solicitors and are also a member of a Panel of approved Property Conveyancers and Solicitors, so we can offer you either a local company or someone slightly further out of the area but at a very reasonable rate. All are members of the law society so please ask for further information or a quote.
Need a Mortgage Advisor?
We can help you navigate the maze that is the mortgage market and find you the deal that is right for you. We use Kingston Mortgage Services and Chris the owner prides himself on knowing the ins and outs of all things ‘mortgage’ and ‘financial services’:
Chris Poore BEng CeMAP
Kingston Mortgage Services
020 8255 8336
Need an Architect/Surveyor/Planning Specialist or Energy Performance Certificate…?
Greenwoods Residential has extensive contacts across the area of all of these professions. So if your thinking of home improvements or extensions or new builds why not ask us to recommend local professionals that have done great work in the area who will offer advice and a quote for you to consider.
Need a Tradesmen or Builder?
All of our tradesmen are well trained and have public liability insurance, we have a good selection to cover both your budget or your high specifications and we would not recommend them if we had not been successfully using them for a number of years.
We aspire to be different, we genuinely care about every one of our clients and believe that a strong relationship built on honesty, trust and flexibility is fundamental to a successful sale.
Need a Gym? Why not Try the Nuffield
We have partnered up with the Nuffield Gym just off Richmond Road above Sainsbury’s and it is an awesome centre with something for every member of the family. There is a full sized gymnasium with the highest specification fitness equipment, including tread mills, bicycles, steppers, rowing machines plus real weights, and dozens of excellent body sculpture and strength classes oh and child care/play so your children can have fun and be looked after whilst you get your body and mind back. Did I mention the 40 mtr swimming pool with sauna, steam room jacuzzi and toddler pool!! Just mention our name and you will receive a free 7 day trial to try it for yourself.